- 8 to 10 slices of thick smoked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 of a bottle of Wild West Wheat Ale - Drink the rest
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tbsp. dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small sauce pan, add honey, maple syrup, Wild West Wheat Ale and coarse pepper. Cook over medium high heat until it comes to a boil, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer until volume is reduced by one-quarter.
- Remove from heat and whisk in both mustards. Cool mixture in bowl and reserve.
- Arrange slices of bacon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, blot the rendered fat from the bacon - this may take a few paper towels. Once bacon is dry, drizzle the glaze over the top side of each bacon strip.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F and cook the bacon until golden colour and crisp, chewy texture is achieved - approx. 20 minutes.
- Transfer glazed bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, glazed side up. Serve with your favourite egg dish or best burger creation.